Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Desired P.O.A.

So, I have been thinking about how I can continue my husband's paperwork other than getting some job and waiting a year to see if I make enough money. There is another option. It's a hard one to follow through with because there is a lot of paperwork and it gets other people involved, but since the military is not an option, this is the way to go.

This option is Sponsorship. Since my husband is not allowed to receive government help now, and for ten years after our paperwork goes through, and because we don't meet the financial requirement, we have the option of finding a Sponsor. This person would have to meet an income requirement, as well as some other guidelines. The reason for the Sponsor is to show the government that my husband will not be a financial burden to the U.S.A. and that if anything happens to them (ie, they have to go to the ER for treatment), they have the means to pay for it. I have hesitated with this idea because we do struggle financially. I can't say that we have everything we want, but we do have everything we need, AND if something were to happen, we DO have the means to pay for emergency situations. We just don't have any income that counts towards his paperwork.

The way the financial guideline is set up for sponsorship is a little confusing. Let's say we find someone who wants to sponsor us. Let's say they are married, and have one child at home under 18 that is a dependent on their taxes. They have no other dependents and have never Sponsored before. They are also NOT in the military. This family has a household size of 3. When you Sponsor someone, you need to meet the financial requirements as if your household size was 4, basically you would count my husband as a family member. Therefore, your income requirement is $27,937. There are a lot of other factors too. The person cannot be retired, and must have all documentation for their spouse and dependents.

I have not looked into this because honestly, I didn't think anyone would sponsor someone who doesn't make a lot of money. But I think that God has closed all the other doors for a reason. This is out of my comfort zone too because I am so self-reliant and independent. I don't like asking for help, but there are times when help is needed.

I am talking about this today because if there is someone out there who can pray about my situation and about finding a sponsor to help us continue this process, then I would like them to know what to pray for. If God puts it on your heart to learn more about sponsorship and the requirements, I have links below that you can visit and the web is a great place to look up information. I do suggest that the website be a federal website because there are many fake websites that have the wrong information out there. So please, if God touches your heart to pray for us, please listen. If He touches your heart and wants you to learn more about Sponsorship, please visit the websites, or contact me on Facebook. And if He touches your heart and wants you to sponsor us, please pray about it, then contact me and we can talk about it more in depth.

I thank you all for bearing with me through this blog post. I know it's less fun, but I promise my next one will be fun :) I have been thinking of ways to liven it up a bit and still need some more ideas so if you have one, feel free to let me know lol. I love you all and will continue to pray for you.

Have a blessed day!

Much Love,
-h

To find a list of the full income requirements, please go here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf. If you are interested in reading the other requirements for Sponsorship, please visit this site: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864instr.pdf.

No comments:

Post a Comment