I know, I know, I said I'd take a day off, but I found out some bad news so I feel like I need to write.
The Arizona Law is very controversial in the media, but in my life, it is one of the worst things that could happen. This morning, before my coffee, my husband told me we can't go to Savannah anymore. I was confused, then he told me that they now have the same laws as Arizona. So if we were to drive into Georgia, and a cop saw him in the car with me, he could potentially pull us over, fine me, and take him away. What has this world come to?!?!?!?!?! This is heart wrenching and just plain awful. I don't understand how people who couldn't even pass the naturalization test can make the decision that whoever is already here working the jobs no one else wants to work needs to be deported. They are saying its ok to tear families apart. I have no problem saying that if he were to be deported, I would find a way to get citizenship in Honduras. I am embarrassed to live here. It is ridiculous. I am so angry and feel betrayed by my country. Nation is defined as: "A large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory." In American History, didn't we all learn that we came here to escape Britain's rule? Well, isn't that what these "illegal immigrants" did??? What happened to ONE NATION UNDER GOD?!
My heart breaks for those families torn apart from their loved ones and I pray that God will give them the strength to push through. I also pray that God will protect my family and show us what we need to do to be safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment