Before I start I need to make a shout out to Monkey Baby. You were a good Monkey Baby, and I know you will make another Monkey Baby very happy someday, wherever you are...(inside joke)
Well, I hope everyone is having a great morning wherever they are. I know that waking up this morning was good for me because I had an awful day yesterday. Laundry, and then Susie was not being nice. So far, she is MUCH better than yesterday lol.
My good friend has a radio show for The Imperfect Wives club. It's on every Tuesday from 10am-11am and it has been sooooooo good for me and my marriage. When I was listening yesterday, one thing that came up in the chat room was having patience or lack thereof. Let me tell you, I have ALWAYS been impatient. The word, "Wait" has never been a good word to me. It would be terrible if I had to wait for anything. I would get angry, mad, frustrated, sometimes violent. Well, I did the bold thing last November, and prayed for patience. I prayed SO HARD and honestly didn't know what I was getting myself into. One quote comes to mind, from Evan Almighty. It says, "If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient?" I was just thinking God would give me patience with my husband and my daughter. But He gave me SO many opportunities to be patient that if I didn't get it, there was a serious problem LOL. From November to mid January, I think we only got about 3 paychecks. One in November that was like, $300, December 1st was about the same, and then didn't get paid again until mid January. Our Christmas was small. I know it's not about presents, but it was Susie's first Christmas and I wanted her to have SOMETHING to open on Christmas. That was a time that I needed patience. Then, I was trying to buy a car, and couldn't find ANYTHING. And when I did buy something, it was a piece of JUNK. Every mechanic told me to junk it and start over with another car.
I was so frustrated. But towards the end of my trials, I knew what it meant to give everything and leave no room to move. Having patience is such a blessing. It is so nice to be able to relax for once! Not only can I say I have patience in my marriage, but I have patience in almost every aspect of my life. I really thing God is preparing me for something. Not sure what, but when it comes, I know I will be ready to face it. Head high, with the armor of God.
I pray that each and every one of you gets to experience the freedom of being patient. I pray that whatever you guys face whether it be good or bad, you will face it with strength and knowing that God is right there with you. You are NEVER alone. I love you all so much! Have a blessed Wednesday!
Much Love,
-h
No comments:
Post a Comment